The Constance Coiner Graduate Fellowship
This fellowship honors the life and helps continue the work of Constance Coiner, Ph.D. 1987 who died, along with her daughter Ana Duarte-Coiner, on TWA Flight 800, June 1996.
One $1,500 fellowship.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a PhD program at UCLA
- Applicant must be in engaged in research focusing on feminist and working-class issues
- Applicant must demonstrate excellence in teaching and a commitment to teaching as activism
- Applicant must have advanced to candidacy by one month prior to award deadline. Students who advanced to candidacy after the deadline are not eligible.
Award recipient must be able to attend the CSW Awards luncheon (usually in June) at UCLA.
- Students who are qualified under the CA Dream Act of 2011 are eligible to apply. Detailed information on the CA Dream Act of 2011 is on www.fao.ucla.edu
- Students who are receiving financial aid should consult with the Financial Aid Office. If you are selected as a recipient of this award, your financial aid package may be subject to revision.
Complete online application form found here
The application form requires the following documents in a single PDF file:
- Personal Essay
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from university faculty. One letter for academic/teaching work and one letter for community work. The letters should be mailed to CSW in a sealed envelope with the recommender's signature across the back flap. Mailing information can be found in the application form.
February 14, 2013, 12 noon